Acquired in 2011 for £265m, Betfred and Tote have continue to successfully grown.
As part of the overall purchase, Betfred was awarded an exclusive seven year licencse to operate pool betting at UK racecourses, Tote’s 517 shops and the online arm of Totesport.com.
In 2015 a brand new digital offering including an app and website were fully updated to ensure the products stay and leading edge of the industry.
Following is a list of highlights:
UK Racing Benefits
- Betfred commenced a long term working partnership with Racing to develop jointly, and further commercialise, the world’s leading Racing industry
- Racing to benefit from more than £155m over 7 years
- Betfred committed to payments to Racing of £11m to March 2012 and an expected £9m annually for the subsequent six years thereafter
- Racing will also benefit from over £90m, representing 50 per cent. of net proceeds to Government
- Betfred to establish the Tote Racing Development Board with members from the key racecourse groups, alongside Betfred, focused on the commercialisation of the Tote for the benefit of Racing and Betfred
- The Tote brand will remain on all UK racecourses
- The enlarged Betfred Group will be the country’s biggest sponsor of Racing
- Betfred will develop Racing’s Big Society Initiative, which will raise money for charities and encourage more people to go Racing